Pride and Prejudice 2005
Pride and Prejudice
2005
Matthew Macfayden
Kiera Knightly
**** of five from my little brain.
Mainly I enjoyed this movie. Now, I do
realize that to feed a story to a mainstream
audience(most of who do not read the books
that the movie are based on)they will have
to cut out a certain amount of stuff. But I was
impressed that they got the basic plot across
quite well in a two hour time-frame.
Now come a little section I will title:
Thoughts Between Addicts:
(so basically me and my sister)
-If only guys would watch movies like this, they
would get such a good idea of how they should act.
Particulary towards women.
And here I am referring to Mr.Darcy, NOT Mr.Collins.
-If only Kiera Knightly would gain a little meat
on her bones-for heaven sakes, they must have
had to custom make her dresses!
-Of course(!)Jena Malone would take the role of Lydia.
-Good creative scenes/angles. Especially
enjoyed the scenes from the outside looking inside
the Bennett household and the first dance of
Lizzie and Mr.Darcy
-The proposal in the rain is perhaps the scene
that will cause me to watch this movie again
and again and again.....
(RANT OF THE MOVIE--So just recently Kiera has gotten an Oscar Nomination for her role as the latest Miss. Elizabeth Bennett. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, but really? A nomination for best actress? So what "they're" saying is she did the best job of all of the THOUSANDS of women in the last YEAR who acted in a movie?!? Literally, thousands. I mean really, it wasn't that different from the roles that she has already played. Well, whatever. I have indeed in the last few years realized the Academy Awards don't really have anything to do with talent, they just up the viewers and consequently the sales, of the movie. So then I guess good for her. Perhaps she will be the cause of some teenage boys blooming interest in Jane Austen!--RANT DONE!)
So, I would recommend this movie to Jane Austin
fans, romantics and of course to people who enjoy
a good bout of sarcasm.
Come again, after I've seen another movie.
Which should be in about two hours.
I'm only kidding...sort of.

<< Home